Atlas v0.3.1 is Atlas' most significant individual update ever, with over 1,400 GitHub commits, 📁 570+ file changes, and ⌨️ 22,000+ lines altered.
We fixed many of the security issues numerous bugs, added new features, and took in lots of community feedback. This includes adding back Windows Defender as an optional component, Windows Update support, and enabling UAC by default.
⚠️ You can't upgrade from older Atlas releases
v0.3.1 has numerous fixes and stability improvements that require a complete reinstall for Windows. Due to this, upgrading from older releases will not work and is entirely unsupported, as per our documentation.
- Customize Features in AME Wizard
- Core Isolation
- Bluetooth, removing Edge, power saving
- Choosing a replacement browser (optional)
- Ability to toggle Windows Defender on and off completely at a component level
- Windows Update is now accessible and is set to manual updates by default
- Updating retains optimizations, including component removals
- Installing Hyper-V is the same as regular Windows
- Drive Optimization scheduling is left default
- Improved multi-user account support
- Application installer issues fixed
- Browser updates fixed
- High CPU usage on startup fixed
- Atlas folder restructure on the desktop
- Also not copied to every single user anymore; it's in `%windir%\AtlasDesktop`
- Edge WebView is added back
- Entire Playbook tweak restructure
- `config.yml` has had its tweaks split up into individual files
- New component removal system, which persists through updates via Windows Update
- Removal of certain logging has now been reverted
- Windows Security has been added back
- Core isolation is now configurable
- Scheduled tasks, services, autologgers and driver configuration list has been remade
- Process Hacker is no longer used in the Playbook
- All known compatibility issues from v0.2.0 have been solved
- Installing Atlas in a Hyper-V guest works correctly
- Improved anti-cheat compatibility, VAC (Valve's Anti-cheat) and FACEIT work properly
- Mobile hotspot works
- UAC is enabled by default
- No more 'Reticulating Splines'
...and lots more minor fixes and improvements!
Official Website - Installation Documentation - Official Discord - Donate